Last week, the week of February 19, 2017, Jose Ortiz and Stephen Parelli of Other Sheep traveled (Feb. 18-25) from New York City, where they reside, to the Dominican Republic to work with Eliel Corona, Other Sheep Coordinator for the Dominican Republic, and with other pro-LGBT faith-based activists including William G. Matos Batista, Jamine Brooks, Héctor Benjamín Olea Cordero, and Francis Noel Mejia Beard, to promote, through networking and the media, the summer 2017 project to distribute, in the Dominican Republic, 1000 copies of the book The Children Are Free: Reexamining the Biblical Evidence on Same-sex Relationships by Rev. Jeff Miner and Rev. John Tyler Connoley.
What follows in this blog are links to pages of pictorials of last weeks accomplishments, grouped topically, not listed chronologically, using embedded postings from Rev. Stephen Parelli’s Facebook timeline.
On his final day in the Dominican Republic, before shutting down his computer to head off to the airport, Parelli posted the following, declaring the week a success:
1) FOUR MEDIA INTERVIEWS – THREE LIVE AND ONE PRE-RECORDED
2) MEETING / NETWORKING WITH THREE NEW PEOPLE – for the first time – ALL INFLUENTIAL IN THEIR FIELD: A PSYCHOLOGIST, AN ANTHROPOLOGIST AND A NATIONAL CHRISTIAN EDUCATION DIRECTOR
Click here for the embedded Facebook postings on the psychologist, anthropologist and the national Christian Education director.
3) MEETINGS WITH OUR CORE PEOPLE, I.E., OTHER SHEEP MEMBERS AND FRIENDS WE WORKED WITH LAST FEBRUARY 2016 AND AUGUST 2016
Click here for the embedded Facebook postings on meeting-up with our core Other Sheep people
4) SOME PEOPLE WE MET, INCIDENTALLY, ALONG THE WAY and
5) THIS-N-THAT: SETTING OUT FROM THE BRONX, FLIGHT TO THE DOM REP , and FIRST FULL DAY SETTING UP IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
Click here for embedded Facebook postings on the above two topics (#4 and #5)